Who We Are:
Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers – known as the Catholic Foreign Mission Society of America – was founded in 1911 with the support of the Bishops of the United States to be the chief mission outreach of the American Church.
For more information visit: www.maryknollsociety.org
Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers is searching for an individual with 3-5 years in Payroll Assistant role. Individual must have ADP Work Force Now experience and benefits, time off, reporting. Some knowledge of accounting. Involves frequent contact with internal and external, requiring exceptional tact and discretion. Have a working knowledge of payroll, policies and procedures. PC literacy (Windows, Excel, Word, Report Writer and PowerPoint) Aptitude for accuracy of detailed figures work. Ability to run the payroll in the absence of the Payroll Manager. Dependable, well organized, conscientious, creative, resourceful, with the ability to work under pressure. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to be patient and understanding with Society Members and Lay staff. Extreme confidentiality required.
We offer an outstanding work environment, opportunities for career development and competitive benefits. EOE.
The Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers share the Good News of God’s love by accompanying and serving people on the margins throughout Asia, Africa and Latin America. Maryknoll serves the Roman Catholic Church locally in the U.S. by fostering a “culture of mission” and supporting “communities of missionary disciples” through its mission education programs. Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers are seeking a Sales Manager for Orbis Books.
The Sales Manager for Orbis Books serves on the senior management team and is primarily responsible for sales to key wholesale, distribution and retail accounts, as well as online and digital distributors, including Amazon.com. Present approximately 50 new titles per year and manage 800 backlist titles to key accounts. The Sales Manager also builds and maintains relationships with cataloguers, organizations, reading and book clubs, and non-traditional book resellers to expand customer base. The Sales Manager also coordinates and directs key conferences and exhibits as well as trade media such as Publishers Weekly.
• Maximize sales through key large accounts.
• Maximize sales through key individual accounts and chains.
• Key intelligence and direct feedback from most valued accounts.
• Remain current on new product and market trends.
• Assist with scheduling and key intelligence on products under development.
• Add to customer base, increase sales.
• Optimum results from exhibits.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• College degree required (BA/BS)
• Minimum 5-8 years preferably in a religious trade publishing environment. Market knowledge and proven track record in sales are musts.
• Strong written and verbal communications, human relations and technical skills (e.g., spreadsheet, database).
1. Meet or exceed annual sales budget.
2. Manage and provide timely reports on key accounts.
3. Provide key intelligence from top accounts and industry for evaluating and positioning new product.
4. Successful exhibit/conference presence.
5. Add or develop new trade accounts.
Usual office environment where I may frequently lift or carry large, heavy or cumbersome office related materials; or may stand for long periods, such as: meetings and conferences.
Regular domestic travel required.