Executive Assistant to the Vicar General
Maryknoll Fathers & Brothers
Maryknoll, NY (Ossining)
Who We Are:
Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers – also known as the Catholic Foreign Mission Society of America, Inc. – was founded in 1911 with the support of the Bishops of the United States to be the chief mission outreach of the Catholic Church in the United States. We currently serve in 27 countries worldwide – especially among the poor.
For more information visit www.maryknollsociety.org.
We are seeking a full-time Executive Assistant to the Vicar General to work Monday through Friday 8:30am to 4:00pm.
To assist the flow of information between the General Council and other Society leadership, Society Members, employees and outside individuals and entities through the preparation and distribution of Society statistics, publications, communications on behalf of the Vicar General or office of the Council; and through research and knowledgeable response to inquiries received. Performs a variety of administrative support tasks that are highly confidential and sensitive. Initiates and proofs correspondence. Composes, memoranda and other written materials based on knowledge and understanding of departmental activities. Prepares and assists in the preparation of reports, recommendations and other written materials by researching information, compiling and organizing content and by performing or coordinating the clerical work essential to its preparation. Develops and prepares agenda and notices of meetings and other information for committees, boards and other groups. Develops, maintains and revises filing and records systems requiring technical and program information. Identifies and combines related documents and correspondence and may have the authority to make decisions on record maintenance. Handles a wide variety of correspondence which require knowledge of policies and/or procedures and develops non-standard responses requiring research. Initiates independent correspondence with minimal direction. Answers and screens telephone calls, e-mails, and greets visitors. Maintains appointment calendar, schedules meetings and coordinates travel arrangements under general guidelines. Review and manage incoming mail with responsibility for sorting, screening and routing. Requisition supplies and maintain records of expenditures. Ensure database contains up-to-date information on all Society Members, and to manage access to the database information by other Society Members and employees. Attend meetings and take detailed minutes for transcription and distribution.
- Minimum 2 year Associate Degree, four years BS preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of secretarial experience.
- Excellent administrative skills with extraordinary attention to detail and precision.
- Highly articulate, polished and professional with effective verbal communication.
- Excellent written communication skills, particularly grammar and composition.
- Solid understanding of the structure of the Catholic Church and hierarchy, including congregations and offices in the Vatican or fully capable of assimilating the nomenclature and Maryknoll culture expeditiously.
- In-depth knowledge of the Maryknoll Society and its structure.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Access database administration.
- Skills such as telephone reception, typing/word-processing, transcription, minute-taking, organizational skills in making arrangements and preparations for meetings, ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work as a member of a team.
We offer an outstanding work environment, opportunities for career development and competitive benefits. EOE.
Salary Range: $58,500 – $60,000 per year.