(Tanzania) AIDS Orphan Project
The project provides access to quality education for children at the primary, secondary and vocational school levels with emphasis on building the powerfulness of group endeavor, rights and responsibility of children and the child’s uniqueness as an individual.
Watoto Wapinge Ukimwi aims to instill in the children an awareness and development of their responsibility to themselves, to others and to the world around them. This is accomplished by providing the necessary school needs, life skill training and a greater sense of self-worth.
Father Hung Dinh, M.M. in collaboration with Sister Marion Hughes, M.M. work in conjunction with other groups in the area – especially the police desk for the exploitation and trafficking of women and children, Jipe Moyo (shelter for street children) and government groups involved in child welfare.
- 225 children assisted in primary school
- 75 children assisted in secondary school
- 30 students assisted in vocational training
- Some of the children have been reconciled with their families through counseling and shared discussions around the initial incident
- Successfully transferred some students to a school closer to their homes or helped provide for a safer place for the child to live
We continue to support our relationship with the Police desk for trafficking and exploitation of children. Your generosity provides a bright future for these children.