(Peru) AIDS Shelter FULLY FUNDED
La Posadita del Buen Pastor (Little Inn of the Good Shepherd) was founded in 1998 by Sr. Victoria Mestas, a Good Shepherd Sister. The purpose of the project is to provide shelter, food and medical care for children and women with HIV/AIDS.
The Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers work in collaboration with The Sisters of the Good Shepherd. Please help Father Joseph Fedora, M.M., keep them safe and healthy.
La Posadita is still one of the only two AIDS shelters in Peru for women and children. Your gift will do so much good.
- Today, 13 children and 5 women are living at the Posadita.
- The project continued its success in 2016 by achieving better care for children and adolescents living with HIV in regards to their nutrition, health and education.
- Thanks to antiretroviral therapy together with effective protocols for pregnant women with HIV, the number of babies born with virus decreased dramatically.
- Some positive results include better school performance, better health conditions and increased self-esteem, security and independence.
- Because of the success of the program, the Posadita is receiving other young women and children living in extreme poverty, although HIV free.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of those in need.