(Cambodia) Seedling of Hope – Adult Project
Seedling of Hope for Adults improves the quality of life of destitute people living with HIV/AIDS. We provide services and access to services that promote a healthier and viable life that keep families together. This enables parents to care for their own, preventing the incidence of orphaned and vulnerable children.
- Provided support to 355 poor people living with HIV/AIDS and 39 of their dependent children
- Of those 355, 118 finished the psycho-socio economic reintegration process, received start-up grants and implemented their livelihood plans (i.e. cows, pig and cricket-raising; motorcycle to use as moot-taxi and/or transport goods to sell; small business, e.g. selling sundry items)
- 10 families received housing support through partnership with Habitat for Humanity
- Two families receive rent subsidy
- One family received a water well
- 132 people living with HIV/AIDS participated in nine support groups
- 263 received either individual, group, or family counseling
- Conducted six workshops on Health, Hygiene and Nutrition
- Conducated 25 workshops on Psychological and Social Health and Support
- 118 people living with HIV/AIDS attended workshops on Livelihood especially Basic Financial Management and Budgeting and Identifying Resources and Planning
Your generous gift creates a brighter tomorrow for families in Cambodia.