(Cambodia) Mental Health Project
Maryknoll Mental Health (MMH) will provide quality mental health services to Cambodians lacking access to those services, while raising awareness of mental health issues across Cambodia.
The mobile community mental health teams will work in concert with a number of NGOs to provide an extensive mental health outreach to remote villages in Cambodia. Their services would include:
• treating people with mental disorders
• providing support for the patient’s families
• providing referrals to organizations that can assist with job training, education, medical care or housing
• providing referrals to local mental health services
• offering workshops and training health center staff and local leaders in the detection, prevention and treatment of mental health disorders
The Maryknoll Mental Health Treatment Center will provide out-patient consultation and treatment for a wide range of psychosocial, psychological and psychiatric conditions. While the Mindfulness Center will encourage the practice of mindfulness to raise up the level of psychological well-being of the people of Cambodia. Qualified school counselors will work to promote positive mental health and mental health literacy in schools and help prepare children for challenges of life.
Your gift is a blessing!