The Social Media Manager will administer the company’s social media marketing and advertising. Administration includes but is not limited to:
- Deliberate planning and goal setting
- Development of brand awareness/affinity and online reputation
- Content ideation and management
- Synergy with SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic
- Cultivation of audience relationships and nurturing of ‘leads’
- The Social Media Manager is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers. That passion comes through as he/she engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of broadening awareness, affinity, and “action” for the Maryknoll brand.
Community leadership and participation (both online and offline) are integral to a Social Media Manager’s success. An essential component is communicating Maryknoll’s brand and global mission in a positive, authentic way what will attract today’s modern, hyper-connected buyers.
The Social Media Manager is instrumental in managing our content-related assets.
Content management duties include:
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content across social channels
Create a regular publishing schedule.
- Implement a shared content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns with different internal stakeholders
- Promote content through thoughtful social advertising.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Develop relevant content topics to reach Maryknoll’s target audiences.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Cultivate brand affinity and online advocacy
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI).
- Become an advocate for Maryknoll in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to map out a comprehensive marketing plan. Drive strategies that are proven by testing and metrics.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Implement ongoing education to remain highly effective.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding Maryknoll. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Exceeds at building and maintaining audience relationships, online and off.
- Practices superior time management.
- Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Strong understanding of the principles of SEO including keyword research/voice of audience analysis. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
- We offer an outstanding work environment, opportunities for career development and competitive benefits. EOE.
Interested and qualified applicants should forward their resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
Human Resources Department
Maryknoll Fathers & Brothers
PO Box 302-SMM
Maryknoll, NY 10545
|Job Category||Mission Promotion|