Who We Are:
Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers – also known as the Catholic Foreign Mission Society of America – was founded in 1911 with the support of the Catholic Bishops of the United States to be the chief mission outreach of the American Catholic Church.
For more information about us and our ministries, visit: www.maryknoll.us
Is looking for a motivated Senior Internal Auditor to assist the Manager of Internal Audit in promoting the value of Internal Audit within Maryknoll by providing strategic thinking to the audit process, identifying areas of risk and noncompliance, creating solutions to improve efficiencies within key business processes, and bring analytical skills to the forefront of every Internal Audit project. As Senior Internal Auditor, you will have the opportunity to be involved in the audit process from start to finish helping develop and review the audit plan, assess areas of risk within Maryknoll, prepare and execute scheduled and ad-hoc audits, report on improvements in business processes to senior management and provide consulting to various business units on financial, IT and operational processes. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills (oral and written), be able to work independently, have good critical thinking skills, excellent technical skills in using data analysis software such as Galvanize (ACL), IDEA or Tableau, and good time management skills.
Ideal candidate must be able to:
- Collaborate with Internal Auditor on development and changes to audit plan
- Assist the Manager of Internal Auditor in performing periodic risk assessments at business unit level and organization wide level
- Plan and perform financial, operational and IT compliance audits
- Responsible for documenting audit procedures using audit management software
- Identify the root causes of control failures or areas of improvements and recommend corrective actions
- Review controls over information technology in areas such as data security (access), systems development and implementation, and business system capabilities
- Maintain electronic audit documentation (using data analysis software) and evidence to support findings and recommendations
- Communicate findings, opportunities and observations to all levels of management
- Assist in the implementation of automated audit techniques to improve audit efficiencies
- Update Internal Audit Manual policies and procedures based on evolving audit work performed
- Provide periodic training and consulting services to business units on compliance, fraud prevention and/or other financial and IT-related areas
- Perform special audits, investigations, and/or ad-hoc projects as assigned by the General Council or Audit Committee
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Risk Management, Information Systems, Economics or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Internal Audit or related audit consulting and/or advisory engagements
- Certification or certification in progress as one of the following: CIA(Certified Internal Auditor), CFE(Certified Fraud Examiner), CISA(Certified Information Systems Auditor), CRMA(Certified Risk Management Assurance) etc. required
- Strong proficiency in internal auditing principles and best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of IIA Standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of COSO Integrated Frameworks for Internal Control and Enterprise Risk Management
- Understanding or familiarity with General IT Controls (GITC) and COBIT
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in Galvanize(ACL), IDEA, Tableau or Python to develop data analytical audit techniques
- Experience in Not-for-Profit and/or Governmental Sector is required.
- Travel required: approximately 5%
We require COVID-19 vaccination for employment. We provide all of our employees with PPE equipment necessary for their position. We require all of our employees to go through a health screening prior to entering our buildings.