SAFETY AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER
Maryknoll Fathers & Brothers
Maryknoll, NY (Ossining)
Who We Are:
Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers – also known as the Catholic Foreign Mission Society of America, Inc. – was founded in 1911 with the support of the Bishops of the United States to be the chief mission outreach of the Catholic Church in the United States. We currently serve in 27 countries worldwide – especially among the poor.
For more information visit www.maryknollsociety.org.
We are seeking a per diem Safety and Compliance Officer for 2-3 days per week for approximately 3 months.
Under the direction of the Support Services Director, the Safety and Compliance Officer will be responsible for:
- Attending each shift on a rotating basis to observe Security officers in the course of their daily functions.
- Reviewing, updating and drafting Security and Safety protocols and procedures for the Security Officers on all shifts. All drafts to be presented to the Support Services Director for approval.
- Instituting inspection policies and schedules to monitor and document compliance.
- Recommending training and certifications needed to ensure all procedures, policies and protocols can be performed safely and efficiently by all officers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required; Security or Criminal Justice degree desirable
- Completed F.E.M.A. training courses
- Current Security Officer Certification required
- OSHA Certification preferred or will provide
- Minimum of three years of Security experience required; 5 years of experience preferred
- Previous law enforcement or Military security sector is desirable
- Licensed New York State Security Officer required
- Interpersonal skills, computer skills, analytical skills, communication skills, written/verbal skills
- CPR/AED Certified
We offer an outstanding work environment, opportunities for career development and competitive benefits. EOE.
Salary Range: $30.00 – $32.00 per hour.