Mission Educator – Promoter
The Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers share the Good News of God’s love by accompanying and serving people on the margins throughout Asia, Africa and Latin America. Maryknoll serves the Roman Catholic Church locally in the U.S. by fostering a “culture of mission” and supporting “communities of missionary disciples” through its mission education programs. Maryknoll is seeking a Mission Educator – Promoter to work primarily with the Young Adult Outreach Team and Discípulos Misioneros (Hispanic Ministry Outreach) Team and other teams, including outreach to Teacher, Catechist, and Deacon communities, depending on applicant experience and interest. This position will be based in Chicago.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with strategic partners to promote mission and foster communities of missionary disciples
- Develop, promote and provide mission formation/education opportunities and resources for diocesan and front-line parish ministers and others interested in participating in mission
- Participate and coordinate mission immersion trips and partnerships with parishes involved in twinning and mission
- Participate in Maryknoll’s fundraising efforts, including mission appeal
- Promote a culture for missionary vocations
- Collaborate with other Maryknoll Mission Promoters in the U.S. and with national teams to support mission education initiatives
- B.A. or B.S., graduate work preferred or equivalent experience
- A passion for God’s mission as shown by Jesus and a drive to be part of and help create “communities of missionary disciples” in the local U.S. Church
- Highest moral caliber in good standing with the Roman Catholic Church and able to meet the criteria and standards for working within local dioceses and familiarity and acceptance of contemporary Catholic theology
- Ability to work independently AND work collaboratively on a team, with a strong sense of flexibility, creativity, and adaptability
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally, evening and weekend work is required
- Good public and interpersonal communication skills and particularly good facilitation ability and skills, as well as good promotion, organizational and community building skills
- Previous mission-focused, multicultural pastoral ministry and/or young adult ministry experience preferred
- Motor vehicle, good driving record and automobile insurance or other means of transportation necessary for the job; satisfactory credit report, drug and criminal records screening
- Ability to use technology including Microsoft Office, Google products, video conferencing and social media, etc.
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish and English is required
This is a Full Time Exempt Position with paid vacation, medical, dental and other benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Target start date: August 2018.
To apply please send ONE email containing both a cover letter and resume with the subject heading “2018 MEP CHI Position” to Anna Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit: www.maryknoll.us
|Job Category||Mission Promotion|