Help engage Catholics in the U.S. to take up Pope Francis’s challenge to go forth, beyond our comfort zones, in the example of Jesus’ life, to grow in global solidarity. Around the world we accompany and serve people on the margins throughout Asia, Africa and Latin America. In the U.S., we foster a “culture of mission,” of going out, and support “communities of missionary disciples” through education and engagement programs. Maryknoll is seeking a Mission Educator – Promoter to work out of the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with strategic partners to promote mission and foster communities of missionary disciples
- Create connections with and provide formation for young adults
- Develop and provide mission formation/education opportunities and resources for diocesan and front-line parish ministers, and others interested in participating in mission
- Offer mission education through parish mission appeals and parish missions
- Participate and coordinate domestic and international mission immersion trips
- Consult with parishes and other groups involved in mission immersion and twinning
- Promote a culture for missionary vocations
- Work in teams with other Maryknoll Mission Educators and Promoters in the U.S. and with national teams to support mission education initiatives
- A passion for God’s mission as shown by Jesus and a drive to be part of and help create “communities of missionary disciples” in the local U.S. Church
- Integrated gospel values and faith filled and practicing Roman Catholic
- Able to meet criteria and standards for working within local dioceses and familiarity and acceptance of contemporary Catholic theology
- B.A. or B.S., graduate work preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to work independently AND work collaboratively on a team
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally, evening and weekend work is required
- Good public and interpersonal communication skills and particularly good teaching ability and skills, as well as good organizational and community skills
- Previous mission-focused, multicultural pastoral ministry or teaching experience preferred
- Experience and strong skills in working with one or more of the following groups: young adults, campus ministries, diaconal communities, catechists and teachers and hispanic parish leaders
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish strongly preferred, as well as appreciation for Hispanic communities and cultures
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
- Motor vehicle, good driving record and automobile insurance, satisfactory credit report, drug and criminal records screening required
This is a Full Time Exempt Position with medical, dental and other benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Target start date: July 17, 2017 or sooner.
To apply please send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org: one document as an attachment that 1) indicates the positions in which you are interested, 2) a statement why you think this position would be a good fit for you and Maryknoll, and 3) other information typically found in a resume including your educational, ministerial and work experience. Include your last name in the document title. Only the attached document will be forwarded to the hiring team.
For more information about us and our ministries, visit: www.maryknoll.us