Mission Educator – Promoter
Mission Educator – Promoter
Mission Formation Programs
The Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers share the Good News of God’s love by accompanying and serving people on the margins throughout Asia, Africa and Latin America. Maryknoll serves the Roman Catholic Church locally in the U.S. by fostering a “culture of mission” and supporting “communities of missionary disciples” through its mission education programs. Maryknoll is seeking a Mission Educator – Promoter to work primarily with the teams and projects focused on Young Adults, Hispanic Leaders, Catechists and Teachers.
This is a remote position that requires in person attendance at some meetings and gatherings in the Seattle area, as well as other travel within the U.S. and occasionally international travel for immersion experiences.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with strategic partners to promote mission and foster communities of missionary disciples both locally and nationally
- Develop, promote and provide mission formation/education events. opportunities and resources
- Participate in and coordinate mission immersion trips
- Participate in Maryknoll’s fundraising efforts, including Mission Appeals, as needed
- Promote a culture for missionary vocations including the Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers
- Collaborate with other Maryknoll Mission Promoters in the U.S.to support mission education initiatives
- B.A. or B.S. required, graduate work preferred or equivalent experience
- A passion for God’s mission as shown by Jesus and a drive to be part of and help create “communities of missionary disciples” in the local U.S. Church
- Familiarity with and acceptance of social teaching and contemporary theology and in good standing with the Roman Catholic Church, with the ability to meet the criteria for working within local dioceses
- Ability to work independently AND work collaboratively on a team, with a strong sense of flexibility, creativity, and adaptability
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally; evening and weekend work required
- Good public and interpersonal communication skills and particularly presentation and facilitation ability and skills, as well as promotion, organizational and community building skills
- Strong ability and skills to write clearly and concisely
- Previous mission-focused, Hispanic ministry, young adult ministry and/or teaching/catechetical experience preferred
- Motor vehicle, good driving record and automobile insurance or other means of transportation necessary for the job; satisfactory credit report, drug and criminal records screening
- Ability to use technology including Microsoft Office, Google products, Hubspot, Basecamp, video conferencing and social media, etc.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required and in Spanish preferred.
This is a Full Time Exempt Position with paid vacation, medical, dental and other benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Target start date: May 2023.
Salary: Between $58,000 and $60,000 DOE
To apply please send ONE email containing both a cover letter and resume with the subject heading “2023 MEP Position Seattle” to email@example.com.. For more information, visit: www.maryknoll.us