LEAD SAFETY/SECURITY OFFICER
12AM- 8AM Monday-Friday
Maryknoll Fathers & Brothers
Maryknoll, NY (Ossining)
Who We Are:
Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers – also known as the Catholic Foreign Mission Society of America, Inc. – was founded in 1911 with the support of the Bishops of the United States to be the chief mission outreach of the Catholic Church in the United States. We currently serve in 27 countries worldwide – especially among the poor.
For more information visit www.maryknollsociety.org.
We are seeking a full-time Lead Safety/Security Officer on the Monday – Friday 12:00am – 8:00am shift.
- Oversee and direct Security/Safety Officers with procedures, policies and protocols. Communicate all the shift responsibilities or orders to the unit daily.
- Provide and Enforce all Security /Safety measures and services to all Maryknoll Society Members, Residents, Employees, Guests and facilities assets.
- Respond to emergency calls, alarms and activations. Complete a comprehensive written security incident report, file and submit electronically.
- Ability to read, navigate and identify specific alarm locations.
- Monitor Fire, Security, and Mechanical Alarm Systems to insure panels and alarms are operating functionally.
- Monitor Fire Pump, Fire Sprinklers and Smoke Detectors for tampering alarms or outdated equipment.
- Monitor Access Systems, Kerri Badge, CCTV. Ability to view cameras and address any concerns or incidents involving society member’s mobility and elopement.
- Oversee the Front desks and phone console operations.
- Professional, and courteous with excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills. Computer efficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, a must.
- On call and on campus for all weather related emergencies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required; Security or Criminal Justice degree desirable
- Previous Law Enforcement or private security sector is desirable
- Minimum of one to three years of Security experience required
- Previous law enforcement or Military security sector is desirable
- Licensed New York State Security Officer required
- Valid NY State Driver’s License
- Interpersonal skills, computer skills, analytical skills, communication skills, written/verbal skills
- CPR/AED Certified
We offer an outstanding work environment, opportunities for career development and competitive benefits. EOE.
Salary Range: $21.00 – $23.00 per hour.