Position Summary for Jr. Graphic Design Specialist:
The Jr. Graphic Design Specialist’s main task is graphic design for print and web as requested by clients and assigned by the Art Director. Specific duties to include: graphic design, layout, typography, pre-press print production, digital copy fitting, document formatting, illustration, production graphics and photos, scanning, making pdfs, tiffs, eps, maintaining well organized job files and uploading completed jobs to vendors.
College Degree, preferably a BFA in graphic art/design or comparable experience.
We are seeking a designer who is a recent graduate—or who has one to two years’ experience. Exceptional design and computer skills. Ability to take direction from design team members. Outstanding design skills, type and color theory. Portfolio, demonstrating a familiarity with magazine design and layout, assembling of multi-page magazines, catalogs, book jacket/cover design and layout. Continuing education is required to keep up with design and computer skills. Expert skills using Mac computer, color calibration, color correction and scanning. Thorough knowledge of Adobe Cloud based programs: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat. Some Quark, After Effects, UI and motion graphics a plus.
- Design, layout and production of book jackets and covers.
- Prepare digital mechanicals for catalogs, book jackets and covers for book reprints.
- Design and produce materials for Communications, Direct Marketing, Marketing and Development.
- Design and produce material for the websites, as well as occasional videos for Digital Media.
- Design and produce artwork, printed material, and publications for multiple departments.
- Design, layout, scanning of photos and production of publications.
- Uploading files to vendor ftp sites.
- Photo retouching.
- Maintain physical and digital file system. Must provide a link to online portfolio and/or samples of work.
|Job Category||Art Services, Support Services|