Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers is seeking an experienced Independent Contractor to lead our Mission Advancement Initiative. This senior level position will be located in Ossining, NY and will be responsible for planning and implementing a strategic approach to relationship engagement and inspiring current and potential donors to embrace and support mission through fundraising activities that include; direct marketing, major gifts, planned giving (annuities/legacies) and special events.
The successful candidate will be highly proficient at fact based analysis combined with depth and breadth of expertise to effectively evaluate the overall fundraising landscape, forecast trends, analyze prior & current Maryknoll initiatives, compare Society plans versus other religious/Catholic/secular fundraising best practices and peer group strategies and tactics.
The ideal candidate will bring clear vision, new innovation and will exhibit a passion for Maryknoll Fathers & Brothers charism and mission overall to ensure fundraising efforts contribute to the long range financial stability of the organization.
This is a full-time position based in Ossining, NY 10562.
To apply please send by email to:
One document as an attachment that 1) indicates the position in which you are interested, 2) a statement why you think this position would be a good fit for you and Maryknoll, and 3) other information typically included in a resume including your educational, ministerial and work experience. Include your last name in the document title. Only your attached document will be forwarded to the hiring team.
- We require a Master’s Degree in an applicable field or equivalent experience.
- 7 to 10 years related experience in a senior leadership role with a non-profit organization.
- Religious experience is preferred.
- Proven, recent success in generating significant incremental donor income through the identification of untapped audiences and the creation of new, innovative strategies and tactics.
- Successful development and implementation of short and long term fundraising objectives for an organization within the context of its Vision and Strategic Plan objectives to create a long range (10 year) fundraising strategy with detailed 3 year tactical plans.
- Experience in developing effective fundraising messaging and designs in conjunction with cost effective production methods.
- Depth of expertise in direct mail, major gift donors, website and social media content development, planned giving (annuities and legacies) and special events.
- Expertise in successful fundraising tactics for various demographic groups (Boomers, X & Y Gen., Millennials, Multi- ethnic, Multi-lingual, etc.) is essential.
- Grant writing is a plus.
- Deep understanding of relevant metrics to evaluate program effectiveness and ability to course correct.
- Experienced in working with computerized donor management systems (Portfolio/Donor Perfect, Arial, Mail Chimp and other marketing communication tools.
- Creative out-of-the-box thinker and problem solver.
- Some travel is required.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus.
|Job Category||Mission Promotion|