We have an excellent “Temp to Hire” opportunity for a Budget Manager in Ossining, NY. This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer working approximately 35 hours per week.
The Budget Manager is responsible for preparing budgeting and forecasting programs. Performs analysis and evaluation of the overall operating results and the financial position of the organization. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Directing the overall budget preparation and evaluation process and monitors compliance with annual budgetary objectives. Analyzing the budgetary process to identify process improvements.
• A participating member of the Budget Review and Budget Authorization Committees, providing analysis and recommendations.
• Preparing the annual operating budget and working with the CFO in managing operations efficiently and within cost parameters.
• Preparing and analyzing annual functional allocation for inclusion with the annual audit report.
• Monitoring financial activity throughout the year and providing financial advice to Units during the budget preparation process, including reviewing financial proposals for accuracy.
• Analyzing and reviewing the budget variance reports issued by Units.
• Supporting the CFO with special projects throughout the year on an as needed basis including formulating strategic business plans and estimating future financial needs.
• Maintaining synchronized account structure across multiple funds inclusive of income, expense, and balance sheet accounts.
• Maintaining a full set of project accounting positions which track a variety of projects which cross multiple accounting periods and years.
• Attending meetings, answering phone calls, emails and queries concerning activity on the monthly financial statements; producing reports and spreadsheets to aid forecasting and trends.
• Maintaining the Major Projects submitted by Units and facilitating supporting documentation on project work.
• Strong familiarity with Access databases and ERP Budgeting Systems.
We are seeking a candidate with a Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of five years or more of solid accounting experience. Previous experience in budgeting, forecasting and analyzing financial data is a must. Previous experience as a budget manager or financial analyst is a plus. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical abilities and forecasting as well as data mining. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word. Exceptional organizational skills, ability to maintain interpersonal relationships and detail-oriented are a must. Self-motivated with the ability to communicate effectively and persuasively at all levels of management. Must keep abreast of all current accounting policies and procedures