Charitable non-profit organization in Westchester is looking for an Infrastructure and User Support Manager to manage Infrastructure and Support daily operations and projects of the organization.
The Infrastructure and User Support Manager needs a technical background, business acumen and people-management skills. Because this role directs the work of other employees, these individuals require strong interpersonal and communication abilities. Analytical thinking also is very important, as this position often involves problem resolution and process development. In addition, a strong customer service orientation is a must because this position often serves as the final escalation point for high-visibility troubleshooting.
Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology Major Preferred) or equivalent experience
Skills and Experience Required:
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of IT experience related to information technology with strong technical component/exposure.
- Knowledge of Internet Information Services, Active Directory, MS Exchange, and Symantec Veritas Backup Software is required.
- Superior customer service skill set and experience in a strong customer service oriented environment.
- Exposure to ITIL is desirable.
- Skilled in advanced/complex problem solving and negotiating, and coaching of subordinates on same.
- Capability to handle pressure and stress.
- Excellent time/project management skills.
- Ability to interact will all levels of management.
- Ability to find technical solutions to business issues which are within budget, resources and current/planned architecture, guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to balance subordinate career paths, individuals’ preferences and meeting business needs.
- Ability to work as a team with the other groups within IT to ensure departmental goals, budgets, standards and timelines are respected.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to prepare executive summaries.
- Ability to manage/handle an operational budget of approx. $.5M.
- Familiarity with asset management processes.
- Familiarity with the following platforms:
- Hardware Platforms: HP, Cisco, Compellent, EMC
- Software Platforms: VMWare, Windows 2008/2012 server
- Desktop Platforms: Windows 10, MS Office 2010 or higher.
- Solid networking fundamentals required. Understanding of SMTP, DNS, subnetting and IPSec and SSL/TLS.
- Familiarity with BMC TrackIt is a plus.
This position will occasionally require you to lift boxes and equipment. Occasional travel to support off-site activities or to attend specialized training.
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter, resume and requested compensation.
|Job Category||Information Technology|