This position is located in Los Altos, California
Who We Are:
Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers – known as the Catholic Foreign Mission Society of America – was founded in 1911 with the support of the Bishops of the United States to be the chief mission outreach of the American Church.
For more information about us and our ministries, visit: www.maryknoll.us
The successful candidate will be charged with supporting and enhancing the wellness / daily lives of the Maryknoll Society Members utilizing a person centered care model. This position will work with all team members at Los Altos, especially those that support the improvement of Members wellness, quality of life and provision of care. In addition, the Social Worker will participate in team meetings at Los Altos and Interdisciplinary Team Meetings with New York. Create an inclusive and supportive program designed for Members who need extra help in their day-to-day lives but do not require 24 hour nursing care. The goal is to strike a balance between assisting/supporting Member’s needs while maintaining an environment that displays respect by allowing Members to have a sense of independence, privacy and dignity whenever possible.
The position requires the ability to work collaboratively with Priests, Brothers and Lay Personnel to meet the needs of Maryknoll Society Members. The position requires a clear understanding of what is required in a supported living and long term care setting.
- The position will require strong assessment skills relating to Members’ physical, emotional, behavioral and spiritual needs.
- Experience working with elderly individuals who are dealing with issues such as physical and emotional loss, illness, depression, culture transitions (crossing borders) etc.
- Requires good listening skills, and the ability to observe and respond as an advocate for Members’ needs.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding Society Members, protecting PHI and EPHI in all its forms and observing federally mandated HIPAA regulations.
- Experience with case management and developing best practice initiatives and policies.
- Ability to work 5 days per week with the possibility of additional hours based upon Member’s needs.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License
- Drive Members to and from appointments when needed
Education: MSW or CSW
Experience/Skills: Three years of long term care or retirement setting experience preferred. Experience with a geriatric population a plus.
This is a Full Time Exempt Position with medical, dental and other benefits.
We do require COVID-19 vaccination.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. EOE.