MEDICAL CLAIMS ASSISTANT, HEALTH FINANCE, Maryknoll, NY
Who We Are:
Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers – also known as the Catholic Foreign Mission Society of America – was founded in 1911 with the support of the Catholic Bishops of the United States to be the chief mission outreach of the American Catholic Church.
For more information about us and our ministries, visit: www.maryknoll.us
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
We are seeking an energetic, detail oriented person with superior organizational skills who can efficiently manage a large amount of paper medical claims and data entry of information. Applicants should have a minimum of one year experience or exposure in medical claims processing and have a working knowledge of ICD-10, CPT, ADA, HCPCS codes and all applicable claim types. Will be responsible for processing clean claims with some telephone work as needed and should be able to communicate clearly and effectively to providers and agencies. Additional responsibilities will include routine administrative tasks such as maintaining and ordering office and medical supplies, filing, etc. Must have a clear understanding of HIPAA regulations and guidelines relating to handling confidential PHI and/or EPHI and be able to maintain strict confidentiality of entrusted data. Must be a team player with strong ability to work collaboratively and effectively with team members and colleagues.
Background and Skills:
- Working knowledge of Medical Terminology, ICD9/ICD10, CPT, HCPCS, ADA, HCFA/CMS-1500/UB-04 forms
- Knowledge, compliance and understanding of HIPPA guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of medical insurance
- Self-starter able to work in a highly accurate, independent and efficient manner
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Data Entry experience
- Experience using various software programs with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products, particularly Outlook and Excel
We do require COVID-19 vaccination for employment. We provide all of our employees with proper PPE for their position. All employees must go through a health screening prior to entering our buildings.
Hourly rate $21 -$23