Who We Are:
Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers – known as the Catholic Foreign Mission Society of America – was founded in 1911 with the support of the Bishops of the United States to be the chief mission outreach of the American Church.
For more information visit: www.maryknollsociety.org
Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers are seeking a Plumber/HVAC Mechanic responsible for mechanical work related to the plumbing, heating and cooling of the various buildings. Work includes, but is not limited to:
- Installation and repairs to all facility plumbing systems in compliance with code;
- Preventative maintenance and repairs to all mechanical systems related to the heating, cooling and ventilation of the facilities;
- Knowledge of steam and hot water boilers, include, but not limited to chemical testing of b oiler water service and troubleshooting fan coil units (steam and hot water) and servicing and repairing steam traps.
Individual must be available to respond to emergency calls after hours and on assigned weekends/holidays. Individual will also be responsible for assisting the Manager with the proper operation and installation of all heating, cooling, refrigeration and plumbing systems at the Center and assigned properties.
Individual will be expected to:
- Learn the many different heating, cooling, refrigeration and plumbing systems at the Center and assigned properties;
- Learn the buildings, equipment rooms, domestic hot and cold water distribution systems;
- Learn how to document and maintain records for Petroleum Bulk Storage for above and underground heating and diesel fuel oil tanks;
- Complete a class and hold an A/B operators underground tank certificate (mandatory);
- Learn to operate the building automation system;
- Learn Maryknoll’s boiler plant, its operation and maintenance.
Education: High School graduate. Two-year degree or Trade School certificate in related field (significant experience in the field can be substituted).
- Minimum five years field supervision or equivalent education.
- Valid NY State driver’s license;
- Ability to organize work;
- Thorough knowledge of heating, cooling, refrigeration and plumbing trades.