GENERAL ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST
Maryknoll Fathers & Brothers
Maryknoll, NY (Ossining)
Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers, a non-profit known as the Catholic Foreign Mission Society of America
is looking for a General Accounting Specialist.
The General Accounting Specialist works in the Accounting Unit. This position processes and enters Journals, analyzes accounts, prepares bank reconciliations and assists Accounts Payable. They’ll control all entries submitted by the Cashiers Unit and donations processed through the donor management system.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations and resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Review and reconcile daily deposit transactions in the Accounting system.
- Review, reconcile and process monthly donation files and prepare check requests for outstanding payables.
- Assist Accounts Payable with Vendor file changes and various projects as needed.
- Timely distribution of mail to office staff and prepare daily Cashier deposits.
- Fulfill requests made of the Accounting Unit and ensure accurate records and analysis of accounts.
- Process Business Office transactions in accordance with established procedures & guidelines.
- Keep external billing in order and up to date.
- Maintain electronic and physical files so all documents are available.
- Make sure financial archive records are kept in a controlled environment and are easily accessible.
- Perform special projects and analysis as requested.
- Associates degree in Accounting or equivalent experience (minimum 2 years diversified accounting work experience).
- Knowledge of general ledger and GAAP required.
- Not-for-profit experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and computer skills. Proficiency in MS Office.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to complete job responsibilities with minimal assistance.
- Able to work in team environment and must be comfortable working in a result oriented environment requiring overtime (on an as needed basis) and the meeting of fixed deadlines.
We offer an outstanding work environment, opportunities for career development and competitive benefits. EOE. Interested and qualified applicants should forward their resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
We do require COVID-19 vaccination for employment. We provide all of our employees with proper PPE for their position. All employees must go through a health screening prior to entering our buildings.