The Social Media Manager will administer the company’s social media marketing and advertising. Administration includes but is not limited to:
- Deliberate planning and goal setting
- Development of brand awareness/affinity and online reputation
- Content ideation and management
- Synergy with SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic
- Cultivation of audience relationships and nurturing of ‘leads’
The Social Media Manager is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers. That passion comes through as he/she engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of broadening awareness, affinity, and “action” for the Maryknoll brand.
Community leadership and participation (both online and offline) are integral to a Social Media Manager’s success. An essential component is communicating Maryknoll’s brand and global mission in a positive, authentic way what will attract today’s modern, hyper-connected buyers.
The Social Media Manager is instrumental in managing our content-related assets.
Content management duties include:
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content across social channels
- Create a regular publishing schedule.
- Implement a shared content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns with different internal stakeholders
- Promote content through thoughtful social advertising.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Develop relevant content topics to reach Maryknoll’s target audiences.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Cultivate brand affinity and online advocacy
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI).
- Become an advocate for Maryknoll in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to map out a comprehensive marketing plan. Drive strategies that are proven by testing and metrics.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Implement ongoing education to remain highly effective.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding Maryknoll. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Exceeds at building and maintaining audience relationships, online and off.
- Practices superior time management.
- Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Strong understanding of the principles of SEO including keyword research/voice of audience analysis. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
We offer an outstanding work environment, opportunities for career development
and competitive benefits. EOE.
Interested and qualified applicants should forward their resume
and cover letter with salary requirements to:
Human Resources Department
Maryknoll Fathers & Brothers
PO Box 302-SMM
Maryknoll, NY 10545