The Maryknoll Speakers Series introduces people of all faiths to the most prominent authors, theologians and experts who interpret religious history, contemporary issues and the changing world.
All religious denominations and people from all walks of life are invited to listen, question, participate and share their personal views, opinions and experiences with our speakers.
All Presentations are FREE and Open to the Public
Held at the historic property of the Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers.
Our 2017 Guest Speakers are:
- Sun., Apr. 2 —
Experience an afternoon with Karen Newman, author of Just Three Words, an inspiring story about her success as a world-class triathlete and her battle with cancer and eating disorders. She will present “Dare To Believe,” her mission to inspire others to find opportunity through their own trials, and to help people realize that they are loved, worthy, vital and never too far away or too broken to be healed.
- Sun., Apr. 30 —
Plan to spend an afternoon with Fr. James Martin, S.J., editor at large of America magazine and bestselling author.
All Speakers start at 2:30pm
We’ve featured a broad spectrum of presenters and topics – noted guests have included:
• Father Jim Martin, S.J., the “chaplain” of The Colbert Show.
• Sister Helen Prejean, anti-capital punishment activist and author of Dead Man Walking.
• Father Joseph Girzone, The New York Times best-selling author popular for The Joshua Series.
• Mary Karr, award-winning author of the best-selling books The Liars’ Club and Lit: A Memoir.
• Malachy McCourt, author of The New York Times best-selling memoir A Monk Swimming.
• Harold Holzer, one of the country’s leading authorities on Abraham Lincoln.
You can view videos of past speakers at our videos page.